Monday, January 19, 2009

Dreams

I was a dreamer.
I used to live in my own imaginary world and make the most ridiculous and outrageous wishes. I wished to own a mermaid or a white elephant as a pet.
I also wished for a thousand more wishes...
I dreamt of becoming a magical soceress.
I had waited for Santa Claus ,staring at the stary sky through the glass window in countless Christmas nights . Too bad, I never caught a fleeting glimpse of that old man with long beard.
When I was young ,my dad used to tell me that if i closed my eyes and prayed to Buddha every morning,all of my wishes would come true.
I always believed that all of my wishes would come true.
When they did not, I was fed up with my dad and demanded an explanation.
He burst out laughing and said I just hadn't done it right.
Time passed.....
As I grew older, the old dreamer within me had totally vanished and was replaced by a hrash ,psychotic pessimist who told me over and over to stop being silly ,be sentimental and to realize the facts of life.
It mocked at me for my past belief in the existence of mermaids and vampires.
Most of my old dreams and ideas had vinished forever.
I tried...
I threw myself almost entirely into school and the whole tiresome and aggressive rat race of struggling for grades and ofcourse popularity.
Now, I am leading a robotic life....
For some reasons, I still keep on thinking about my old dreams. I have to, because it was these dreams that had accompanied my lonely childhood and diluted the absolute meaninglessness of my daily dreary struggles in school and made me happy.

blog အေဟာင္းမွာတင္ဖူးပါတယ္..23rd Brithday အတြက္ခုျပန္တင္လုိက္ပါတယ္

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home